Meet the Classes
Welcome to Freshwater West!
Croeso i Ddosbarth Freshwater West!
Shwmae, Hello. My name is Mr Richard Price and I have the privilege of teaching Dosbarth Freshwater West at Lamphey Primary School.
Dosbarth Freshwater West offers a fun, focused classroom where children are enthusiastic to learn. Rich learning topics and activities are thoroughly planned to enable the children to enjoy and engage with their learning. It is my aim for the children to develop key, life-long skills and become:
- Ambitious, capable learners who are ready to learn throughout their lives.
- Ethically informed citizens who are ready to be citizens of Wales and the world.
- Healthy, confident individuals ready to leas fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
- Enterprising, informed citizens of Wales and the world.
Through the establishment of clear rules and expectations, the children are encouraged to complete the set class work in a calm and effective classroom environment.
All the children are also encouraged to be positive and challenge themselves to achieve the best that they are capable of- using a positive growth mindset.
opportunity and within the class our Criw Cymraeg act as positive role models for the whole school. We have also recently introduced French lessons into our curriculum too.
Numeracy and Literacy homework is set on Friday’s and is then required to be completed and returned on the following Friday. The tasks that are sent home provide opportunities to consolidate the children’s learning and understanding.
- Topic Homework is set each half term- linked to the four key purposes:
- ambitious, capable learners ready to learn throughout their lives
- enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work
- ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world
- healthy, confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
The children will have an opportunity to show their work to other children in the school and parents during a half termly ‘open afternoon’.
Useful educational apps to help support the children’s times tables knowledge include TT Rockstars and J2 Blast on Hwb.
The skill of regular reading is nurtured and encouraged within Dosbarth Freshwater West and it is expected that the children read at home on a regular basis in order to further develop their comprehension and confidence. Children are expected to read in school every day.
P.E./ Games lessons are timetabled for a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. The children are required to come into school with their
P.E. kits on for these days. Swimming lessons also take place during the Autumn Term. The children are encouraged to take part in some of the extra-curricular sporting clubs the school offers, for example, football, rugby, gardening and netball to name just a few!